Wednesday, November 19, 2008
It was Dakota's one year birthday on November 11th. We bought her a new collar and a birthday bone (it says "Happy Birthday").
Just a shout out to Fall. "I hate you damn beautiful leaves that left me in awe and then fell all over the place to make a mess that isn't any fun at all"
One more thought...
We just got back from Texas and this is what I learned
1. People ARE friendlier there and are more ready to lend a hand
2. It is an ugly state as far as the flat brown nothingness that goes on for miles
3. When someone says "Bless your heart" they don't mean it. They mean "Damn, that was stupid" or "I can't believe you just did that"
4. Check your pants before you put them on because a red ant just MIGHT be in them and eat the crap out of your leg". Ask me how I know this.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Friday, November 07, 2008
I have had a long standing joke with Laurel about a Smithfield ham. Well it isn't THAT long standing of a joke, but "Miss Smartypants" sent me this beautiful ham (and believe me it is a beaut). So the neighbors are coming this weekend to help us dig in. I will make some other stuff along with it that will harden the arteries even further. I am going to miss my California ham companions (waving to Kate and Gene with a really long face).
Onto knitting news:
I started another sweater. I bought the kit from "Mostly Merino" at the Vermont Sheep and Wool festival. It is called "Northern Lights" and I am loving it.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Mr Yarn and I carved the annual pumpkins. Every year I say I am not doing it again because of the gooey mess but every year I do it.
Esther dressed up for the party. Actually, our neighbor Kim put this on her at the end of the evening for a laugh. I don't think that the pooch thought it was funny, but we did.
All is back to normal except...
We had a skunk die in our driveway this morning. I didn't wake up to the smell of coffee but to the stench of skunk. The smell isn't going away anytime soon. Not a good week so far.
Go out and vote! Hopefully the news of the election returns will make my day tomorrow.
Monday, November 03, 2008
I was tagged by Kim
1. I hate roses.
2. I don't like chocolate.
3. Disneyland gives me the creeps.
4. My favorite food is artichoke.
5. I love opera music.
6. I still read Usenet groups.
7. I always wanted singing lessons.
I bore even me.
I have lots to blog and I have Halloween pictures to post but things have been pretty sad around here for the last few days. Mr. Yarn's dad passed away on Sunday. We will be heading off to San Antonio in a week to take care of stuff.