Monday, July 27, 2009

Vacation time

IMG_0596

My sis and my brother-in-law came into town and the vacation started with a trip to Shelburne Falls. This is one of my all time favorite places. We went for a walk over the bridge of flowers

IMG_0597

The day was really perfect. On the way home we stopped at one of my favorite farms. Nubian goats and great cheese no less.

IMG_0630

I got to pet my pals

IMG_0624

I wanted to take one home but you know where talking about that gets me...

IMG_0625

Next stop was an Indian trading post. Ok, politically incorrect but it is the Mohawk trail for gods sake.

IMG_0631

I got into the photo op

IMG_0633

My personal favorite

IMG_0636

I guess they didn't want the threat of a law suit if the bear bit someone.

Oh and here is one that I couldn't resist.

IMG_0632

This was the first part of the trip.

There was also a trek to the Grist Mill (another favorite)

IMG_0649

and some drinking involved at the bar who invented the first cocktail

IMG_0653

There was also Walden Pond where I really was excited to go to...

IMG_0642

Got to see Thoreau's itsy bitsy one room "house"

IMG_0645

and this was just part of the trip. Stay tuned for "Lucy, Ethel, Ricky and Fred go to New York"

No comments: