Thursday, January 01, 2009

4 Degrees of Cold

5 layers of clothes

Ok, I caught on to the dress code in New England. It is 4 degrees today and I finally think I got it down on how to keep warm. I have on a thermal shirt and a sweatshirt under that jacket. I also am wearing two pairs of long underwear (one didn't work). Nice look for the thighs and legs that now look like sausages. That isn't to mention the down jacket under the jacket and a damn face mask so that my nose doesn't fall off. Sad part is that I know it is going to get colder than this and I am all out of arsenal.

Not only that but who knew that snow actually blows around and pelts you in the face and makes you feel like you can't breathe...oh wait, I couldn't breathe because my nose was covered by the synthetic material.

FREEEZING

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I Can't Put My Arms Down!"

Sorry, I don't mean to make light of your situation but the comparison was just to on-target to resist. :-)

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side, Ms. Yarn your baclava will come in handy in the Spring when the banks reopen.

Anonymous said...

Down coats help a lot.
I just invented a hat - two layers of wool with a layer of umbrella fabric sewn between them to stop the wind. I think it will help a lot.