Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring?

IMG_0253

I think Spring is here. My bulbs are coming up and there is gardening going on. It hasn't gotten very warm but I CAN feel my hands and feet again.

I love my hyacinth

IMG_0265

We started our vegetable garden. 3 cubic yards of dirt was dumped into our neighbors driveway (shhhhh, they won't care).

IMG_0259

Our neighbors Jeff and Cathy are the best! They helped us shovel all of this into the beds. I must admit that "one of us" (cough) was a wimp when it came to shoveling. I raked and evened out the dirt in the beds though!

IMG_0260

What a good feeling when it was done. Today we are going to look for a fence to put around it so that the critters can't get to it.

IMG_0264

Oh and about knitting...
I started the "Barn Raising" blanket shown here but had to put it aside for a sweater that I am test knitting.

IMG_0258

uh, ignore the cat and dog fur that I just noticed on the ottoman. I think my animals are molting for the summer.

1 comment:

Stefaneener said...

Hey! An instant garden (if you ignore the shoveling I guess). It all looks lovely.