Friday, August 08, 2008

Some knitting going on

Poetry in Stitches P. 140

I started the sweater that I have wanted to make for a long time. It is from Poetry in Stitches and is by Solveig Hisdal. I don't know what I am thinking by starting this sweater. If I didn't love it and didn't want to wear it I could never get through it. I hate doing color work of any kind.

Knitted Garter Stitch Blanket

At the same time, I am working on Elizabeth Zimmermens Garter Stitch blanket. Although most versions I have seen of it really don't appeal to me because I think they are ugly, I loved Brooklyn Tweeds version and shamelessly copied his exactly. I need it for winter. It is a boring knit but I will be glad I did it come winter.


Dining Room

Last but not least, I was excited because we finally ate in our dining room the other night with neighbors that I invited over for Paella. They brought the sangria and the board game Redneck for us to play after dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the sweater.love the blanket. love the dining room. What time is dinner?
Cynthia

Stefaneener said...

I love that sweater. Nice that you have a good changeup in the blanket, and since heating is going to be extremely expensive, that blanket is going to come in handy.

Nice to make contact with some neighbors. They're lucky to have you. Andrew R. says hi.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I thought you liked colorwork. I mean you have knitted Fassett and finished! Poetry in Stitches looks very Tibetan to me or are those peonies? Just in time for the Olympics!