Thursday, October 09, 2008

Knitting and the seasons

I don't know what is happening to me but I just don't feel all that creative right now. I don't really feel like knitting and yet I have to be knitting. I have been working on socks for the most part. Problem is that you have to finish 2 of them for them to be useful.

Sock

I seem to have a hard time finishing anything lately. I did plant lots and lots and lots of bulbs yesterday. I hear that I won't know if it is Spring unless I see my tulips sprouting. Who am I to argue?

I have also been working on "Moroccan Nights" shawl. I love how it is coming out.


I took some pictures of the trees changing colors in our backyard. Same tree different days:

trees1

trees2

Leaves

Oooooh....ahhhhhh. Come on, say it.

Last but not least...
Wood. We got a cord of wood for the winter. This isn't just for looks like it was in California. It is so we don't freeze our asses off.

Winter is coming

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe, just maybe, you are getting the hibernation blues early? Still, making stock and cheese, finishing a sock and loading up a cord of wood is not EXACTLY doing nothing. I love to see chicken legs on the boil. It's red pepper soup for us tonight.