Monday, May 04, 2009

A great Bday

Got surprised with a weekend trip for my birthday! Started off on Thur. and we ended up in Stonehedge Inn. Our room was beautiful and I even got to have a massage in the spa.

IMG_0275

IMG_0274
Dinner at this place is the best I have had since I have left California. This is a BIG statement but it is true.

On Friday we drove along the coast to Maine.


IMG_0277

The beaches here are not my wonderful Pacific but oh well.


I know this looks fake but it really is a picture I took of a lighthouse that we stopped at

IMG_0279

Once we got to Portland Maine the eating began! We were lead to J's Oysters for oysters and a beer. This place was really great for sitting around and eating lunch with all kinds of local characters.

IMG_0285

Yum oysters (ok, maybe I had one too many beers and the picture got a little blurry)

IMG_0280

To end the trip we went and got a donut at Tony's. My friend Andrew insisted that I needed to do this.

IMG_0287

Not sure if my stomach agreed.

A great time and will surly go back!

2 comments:

vanessa said...

glad you had such a wonderful birthday!
i would have skipped the oysters and had 2 donuts ;-)

Kate G. said...

Happy Birthday to yooooou! Was trying to send you Santa Monica Beach for your big day, but UPS said it was no-go, so just sending lots of sunny thoughts.