Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How I spent my Memorial Day weekend

IMG_0304

We were determined to finish the vegetable garden. We went to the nursery two times and planted a LOT of stuff. I now have tons of stuff growing. Padron peppers for tapas and blackeyed peas which I love. Lots of heirloom tomatoes and collard greens and broccoli and on and on and on.

Also worked on the deck a little.

IMG_0301

We worked on the front of the house too. Mr Yarn got out power tools and gave the hedges a haircut. Here is a before and after:


BEFORE:

IMG_0296


AFTER:
IMG_0302

I planted some marigolds just so I could see some color

IMG_0303

Oh yeah and last but not least I planted a Topsy Turvy tomato plant "As seen on TV" (just because I am a sucker)

IMG_0300

Ended the holiday with a BBQ at Cathy and Jeff's. Good holiday weekend.

No comments: