Friday, March 20, 2009

Obsessed in the kitchen...

IMG_0178

I just got this cookbook and I want to make everything that is in it. So, I have really obsessed with the potato recipes. This is the one that I am going for first

IMG_0179

It is little potato baskets that you make by slicing a potato on a Japanese slicer (makes long long threads) and you wrap the long thread around a cucumber. Then you fry it up in a fryer and slip it off the cucumber. You have a basket. The basket is filled with potato balls that are glazed in a homemade stock that has been reduced to nothing.

IMG_0176

So, I made the stock and I fried up the little balls today. You have to fry them a second time but since we can't do this all at the last second you can fry them the first time and freeze them.

IMG_0177

This is going to go with Short ribs with mushroom Jam (or something that sounds stupid like that in the recipe). We got that recipe at a cooking class that was given by the chef of a local restaurant. A dinner that we will test out on our neighbor Denis. He is game for anything (as long as there is good wine to go with it).

2 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Wow. That is a recipe! Better you than me, I guess, but it does sound interesting.

Anonymous said...

Thank God for neighbors! Short ribs and potatoes two ways...what could be wrong with that!