Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer

18 Cups o blueberries

Had nothing to do yesterday so I decided to go pick blueberries at a local farm. Tougas Farm was really cool and it was the first day of blueberry picking. So I grabbed my neighbor Cathy and off we went. Between the two of us we picked 15lbs. Plenty to make jam and maybe more. So I got up early and started on the task of making a Blueberry Buckle (never heard of a buckle till I moved here. Then again, I never was in the habit of going to a farm for the heck of it in the middle of the week because there was nothing better to do).

After an all day project of making buckle

Blueberry Buckle

Sorta scary when I noticed that the buckle blends into our new counters. Oh well, less to clean...

Then came the jam. Argh. I tripled the recipe which made it an hour of stirring. I was glad to be done.

All done

Voila

Blueberry Jam

For those of you that notice (waving to mom) the walls are getting tiled on Monday. I can't wait for this damn kitchen to be done.

I am starting to feel like "Little Home on the Prairie or is that Green Acres? Scooped a big ole frog out of the pool last night (realllly big frog) and saw my first dragonfly this morning. So there is diversity here.... wish I could get basil on a consistent basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janis,
Sounds like a perfect Thoreau day. Beautiful jars of jam all lined up-yum.
Cynthia