Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yo! Where did all the knitting go?

I really can't keep showing the yards and yards of seed stitch rectangles that I am knitting for the 4 panel jacket. I also can't keep showing "Fern" because it is creeping along. I get home from work and I feel like a slug. No knitting has been happening once I hit the chair that is in front of the TV. I think I go into the 5th dimension or something. So, you get to see the progress of my backyard. . . again.

IMG_0937

They have started building a new fence that was falling down and they are digging a hole where the patio is going to be. Garden will be a few steps up.

So tell me all you people out there that aren't reading this because you saw no knitting content. What are YOU knitting? Have you seen anything inspirational yet for next season? Do you have projects that you can't wait to start?

Oh yeah, and another question: Would anyone be interested in attenting a pot luck at Yarn! Ya know, eat, drink and knit. What could be better?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, well I just finished a baby hat/poncho/booties and I'm going to start ripping apart a sweater soon for another baby sweater. I'm also trying to figure out just what in the hell to do next. There are 5 places I'd like to submit patterns to, just need to figure out what to send where and then get started on them. I need a little motivational kick in the ass.

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

I am starting to work on xmas gifts. felted bags for my chick friends, maybe scarves for the dudes. and another kittyville hat for an upcoming birthday.
potluck...Hell Yes!! Now when you say food, drink, knit, are you talking DRINK? or drink? hehe

Janis said...

I'm talkin DRINK for those that wanna and drink for those who don't :-)

ms. crafty said...

You'll see what I'm working on tonight...but I finished (sans seaming) a bolero, a sweater vneck-cowel thing in calmer, and I'm working on a baby sweater for my new niece (although it's not going so well -- i had to rip out the entire back last night)

The potluck is a fabulous idea! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hell yes! And do you mean "Festive Adult Beverages?" I'm there!

KB said...

Where do I sign up? Pot lucks rock! And I love Festive Adult Beverages!

Janis said...

Lets come up with a date and if you are interested in coming email me with a rsvp and what you wanna bring.

Anonymous said...

Yes, a potluck with miniature marshmallow jello molds and um, tuna croquette things and maybe baloney cups with creamed peas. Oh and I'll bring this socks that are still on the needles.

Rabbitch said...

Well, it's sort of far for me to drive, but man, baloney cups with creamed peas? Who could resist? (It would give me another name for my next dyeing project -- Whirled Peas ...)

As for knitting, well, a pink shawl in viscose/cotton vintage Italian yarn is about half done, and then there are the 90000 rows of boring beige baby sweater ...

Anonymous said...

Um...knitting? Yeah, well, none of that since morning sickness hit a couple of weeks ago. I should start feeling better in September, so maybe then...
A potluck sounds cool! I'll be coming from way out in Modesto, but my mom lives in town, so I always have a good excuse to go out there. :) The only day I know that I am not free so far is Saturday, September 10th (only TWO weddings, one of which I am dragging my steadily growing body down the aisle for - thank GOODNESS I got pregnant, otherwise I'd feel pretty stupid marching around in a maternity bridesmaid gown).

KB said...

I'm out of town 9/9-9/11. Nothing else going on in the month of Sept.

Pequeñin said...

Hi, yuor blog is very nice.

This.

Bye

Victor, from Chile, sudamerica