Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ho...

Xmas

I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't feel like the holiday season. It doesn't feel like Xmas is coming up. I mean I have all the usual stuff in place but nothing seems to spell holiday. I started thinking that it could be because I don't work in a corporate environment anymore. I mean if I don't do all the holiday cheer it just isn't going to be there. I am not going to have a Xmas lunch because it is only me and Auban. Auban probably would think I went nuts. Then again, we could go to the "Lost Weekend" for a drink. Hey, yeah! Maybe that is what I will do. I will make Auban go drink with me so that we can feel like we have gotten into the Xmas spirit.

Is it just me?

7 comments:

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

one more week of school then I am there to share the holiday "spirits" with you!

Rabbitch said...

Christmas cannot come until I have finished the Christmas Knitting. I have not yet started. Ergo; no Christmas.

You're welcome.

BeanMama said...

Get some yummy spiced cider and serve it hot in shop instead of coffee (or in addition to.) Whole shop will smell like Christmas! Or even better... mulled wine!!

ms. crafty said...

yes, someone please pass the holiday spirits!

Anonymous said...

Definitely not the only one - I'm feeling a serious lack of the spirit here, too. Not sure what's causing it this year but it's seriously depressing.

Anonymous said...

I am tired from trying to make myself feel the cheer. :-) I tried to help organize the work party... management was so lame that it got cancelled. Then I was called to help with a group party... and that turned into a potluck. Fortunately, we came to our senses and aren't doing the potluck out on the deck (our normal potluck location). When I finished helping with that, I realized that I hadn't made lunch reservations for my office. Ah... big organizations... so much fun. You aren't missing out.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what Sarah said. The official institutional party consists of hors d'oeuvres and punch. In the cafeteria. You can come if you want...