Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I hate summer

The title has nothing to do with anything. I know it doesn't. I just had to share. I really dislike summer. Oh, I have said that before? Well, I am saying it again. I love the fruit during summer but I hate the weather and I hate the fact that I can't motivate myself to be very creative. I guess my body goes on strike thinking that I am out of school so I should be on the beach. School? I have been out of school for over 25 years. Well, I guess my body can still go on strike but I don't think it is over summer vacation.

So, what do I do to cheer myself up? I shop. I go to Ikea (and I even drag Mr. Yarn) and I talk him into buying a bunch of crap with me. He is such a good sport that he gets into the spirit and soon enough is throwing useless objects into the cart.

IMG_0509

If you look closely you will see floating candle holders (can double as vases), candles, incense for outside (to keep bugs away), more candles, oh, and pitchers for water when we have company. The big old basket is for the bookshelves that we are going back for when we aren't too lazy to drag them to the car.

I hate summer.

3 comments:

KB said...

My philosophy is...one can never have too many candles.

Janis said...

That's how **I** feel about it. I am the candle queen.

Anonymous said...

I would much rather be enjoying myself in Alameda than wilting in the 100+ heat in Modesto all summer!!! Let's trade, shall we?

I'm sorry, that doesn't sound too supportive does it? I guess the heat is making me cranky. :)