Friday, May 13, 2005

I think I am too old for this

I have nothing to write about. No knitting last night because “Mr Yarn’s” grad school friends (more of em) were in from out of town visiting. I am tired. So, I will spew for a few minutes and then go away.

What is a “Secret Pal” and where do they come from? I know that they send each other cute stuff (usually involving chocolate or hello kitty stuff and Yarn). I know that it always makes for a blog entry after someone receives the “secret pal” bounty. I just can’t figure out where they are coming from and if everyone is randomly sending stuff to strangers. Then there is the “RAOK” (Random Acts of Kindness)that I REALLY can’t figure out. How Random can it be?. Just goes to show you that once again I am “out of the loop”. I am always one or two or even three steps behind the game. I am the “clueless” blogger. I ramble on and amuse myself.

Ok, back to knitting tomorrow. I will probably show you “Elspeth”. Recently dubbed “stupid-ass Elspeth”. The pattern is NOT working and I am faking it. I don’t know how much longer I can take it. First off I wouldn’t let my customers make it because they will freak out when it doesn’t work. Second off, I would never wear this. It is CUTE and *I* don’t do CUTE.

I will one way or another show you Elspeth tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mean that lovely bunch of lime green won't be finding it's way back on the shelf? Do you think most knitters, namely myself, would know that the pattern was wrong? I'd probably happily go on knitting away and never notice.

Janis said...

The damn lime green will probably be in the TRASH, nevermind the shelf. YOU would be the first one saying "why is there an EXTRA damn stitch at the end of this DAMN row!"

karrie said...

I haven't figured out the RAOK thing yet, but i have participated in the Secret Pal program a couple of times. The new one is being organized at http://www.secretpal5.blogspot.com/ so you can sign up ny may 29 if you want to participate.

I think there are Knitter's Review Secret Pals too. you can probably find the specs somewhere in the forums.

Janis said...

Thanks! If it is organized how is it secret?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you ask about the secret pal thing! I'd been wanting to do one and had no clue where to start. Thanks to the lovely comment left by kweaver, I'm now signed up for SP5!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Ramble on! I love reading your posts.

Omelay said...

RAOK- join an raok group like fiber RAOK. (there is a link on my knitting blog) then there is a whole database of addresses and personal fact about members so that you can choose someone to gift. it is quite random, choosing from one of 200+ members. fun!

Abigail said...

I don't know if you read her blog, but Shobhana had similar issues with Ellspeth and renamed her Hellspeth. ;)